Hemp toothpaste – Contents
Hemp toothpaste is a natural and effective way to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Hemp oil has been found to have antimicrobial properties, which can help to reduce plaque and prevent tooth decay. It is also rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which are essential for maintaining healthy gums and teeth. In this article, we will provide a detailed recipe for making your own hemp toothpaste at home.
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of hemp oil
- 1 teaspoon of xylitol
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
Step 1: In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil and baking soda. Stir until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
Step 2: Add the hemp oil to the mixture and stir well. Hemp oil has a slightly nutty flavor, so you may notice a subtle change in the taste of the toothpaste.
Step 3: Add the xylitol to the mixture and stir well. Xylitol is a natural sweetener that can help to freshen your breath and prevent cavities.
Step 4: Add the peppermint essential oil to the mixture and stir well. Peppermint oil has a refreshing flavor and can help to kill bacteria in your mouth.
Step 5: Store your hemp toothpaste in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. To use, simply dip your toothbrush into the jar and brush your teeth as you normally would.
Benefits of Hemp Toothpaste:
- Natural ingredients: Unlike many commercial toothpastes, hemp toothpaste is made with all-natural ingredients. This means that it does not contain any harsh chemicals or artificial flavors, which can be harmful to your health.
- Antimicrobial properties: Hemp oil has been found to have antimicrobial properties, which can help to reduce plaque and prevent tooth decay. This makes hemp toothpaste a great choice for those who are looking for a natural way to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
- Rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6: Hemp oil is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which are essential for maintaining healthy gums and teeth. These fatty acids can help to reduce inflammation and prevent gum disease.
- Freshens breath: Xylitol, which is used as a natural sweetener in this recipe, can help to freshen your breath and prevent cavities.
- Environmentally friendly: Making your own hemp toothpaste is a great way to reduce your environmental impact. Commercial toothpastes often come in plastic tubes that are difficult to recycle, whereas homemade toothpaste can be stored in reusable glass jars.
Use of hemp toothpaste
The hemp toothpaste can be used just like any other toothpaste. Simply dip your toothbrush into the jar of hemp toothpaste and brush your teeth as you normally would. It is recommended to brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes each time.
When using the hemp toothpaste, you may notice a subtle change in the taste compared to commercial toothpaste. This is because hemp oil has a slightly nutty flavor. However, the addition of peppermint essential oil and xylitol can help to freshen your breath and mask the taste of hemp oil.
It is important to note that while hemp toothpaste can be a natural and effective way to maintain healthy teeth and gums, it is not a substitute for professional dental care. Regular dental checkups and cleanings are still necessary to ensure optimal oral health.
Overall, using hemp toothpaste can be a great addition to your oral hygiene routine. It is a natural and effective way to maintain healthy teeth and gums, while also promoting environmental sustainability by using all-natural and reusable ingredients. Give it a try and see the difference it can make for your oral health!
Hemp toothpaste is a natural and effective way to maintain healthy teeth and gums. This homemade recipe is easy to make and uses all-natural ingredients, making it a great choice for those who are looking to reduce their exposure to harsh chemicals and artificial flavors. By incorporating hemp toothpaste into your daily oral hygiene routine, you can enjoy the benefits of antimicrobial properties, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, fresh breath, and environmental sustainability. Give it a try and see the difference it can make for your oral health!
Published by Blood02/05/2023