How to make great cannabis gummy bears at home
Almost everyone likes gummy bears, but what about when you add cannabis to them, that’s another treat. In this article you will read how to make them at home.
Personally, I don’t know too many people who don’t like gummy bears or other gelatinous candies. And what if I tell you that you can make a healthy version at home with the addition of green cannabis vitamin, read on. I’ll explain what you’ll need and the techniques you’ll use to create absolutely luxurious gummy bears.
What makes them so popular ?
Weed treats are delicious but in most cases these rubber treats are recommended if you are interested in cannabis gastroporn. Why, you ask? First of all because they have a really wide range of flavours (strawberry, cherry raspberry etc.)
Another reason is their freshness, which they retain when stored, unlike cookies or other baked snacks.
Preparation of gummy bears
Before the actual cooking begins so you have to prepare the magic ingredient. This is in our case THC or CBD extract.
THC/CBD extract is commonly recommended for edibles. Both oil and hash work great. And why these forms of THC/CBD? I use it because it’s the purest, most potent and can be broken down into the doses needed. Plus, in this form, you can add it to any food.
Necessary equipment for the preparation of cannabis gummy bears
What equipment will we need?
- rubber spatula
- measuring cups
- silicone moulds (teddy bears, for example)
- flavouring jar
- access to the cooker and fridge
Ingredients you will need
The ingredients and their quantities can be adapted to each recipe differently. But normally you will need just these ingredients:
- jelly cubes, home-made puree or quality bought
- juice to top up the mixture – plain water will do
- packet of gelatine or agar
- cane sugar (crystal)
- THC distillate, extract
Recipe for homemade cannabis gummy bears
This is where things can get a bit confusing. If you just browse around the internet, you’ll find dozens of recipes where the flavour and recipe of the gummies vary and you won’t know which ones to choose.
To simplify, here’s a recipe where you can make a pretty decent portion of gummy bears. In 45 minutes, you’ll make about 50 gummy bears. These gummies are quite potent (up to 20 mg THC/CBD). So be careful with their consumption, or adjust the dosage in the end.
- 250 ml strawberry puree (or other puree)
- 65 ml water (coconut water is used)
- 1,5 tbsp gelatine or agar for vegetarians/vegans
- 4 tablespoons of crystal sugar – you can flavour the finale as you like
pinch of salt
- 1 gram (1 ml) of THC extract (950 mg) – It’s up to you how much extract you add to this batch. You can divide this dose evenly into each gummy. The THC content will then be roughly the same
- Start heating the puree in a pan and set the heat to medium.
- While the puree is slowly heating, mix the gelatin with the water using a whisk. Stir until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Once the puree begins to slowly cook, add the sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Slowly start adding the water and gelatin mixture to the pan with the fruit puree. Cook, stirring constantly, for about three minutes. You can add sugar for further flavouring.
- The temperature must be below 180 degrees ( to preserve all the active substances in cannabis ). Start adding your chosen dose of THC.
- Carefully and using a spatula, transfer all the mix into the flavoring container. Squeeze then fill all the molds. The mixture will be very hot, so proceed very carefully and as quickly as possible.
- Gummies are made, but let the mixture sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature after 20 minutes, move the molds to the refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, carefully remove each gumdrop from the molds.
- The hemp gummy bears can be lightly dusted with icing sugar to prevent them from sticking to the touch.
- THC gummy bears are ready!!!
The dosage is purely up to you. But how to find the right one? The best place to start is with how many marijuana gummies do you actually want to make? This way you can make one batch “from scratch” without THC. Depending on the number of hemp gummies, you’ll already be calculating how much they should kick you up.
Hemp gummies are tricky because they are small. This means that you may not feel their effect right away and want to have another one. Sometimes you really only need one cannabis gummy bear.
When you have your own extracts or oils, dosing can sometimes be tricky. So we recommend using professional extracts where you know the amount of THC.
Fresh cannabis gummy bears tend to “sweat” after their creation. In short, they release fluid as their temperature stabilizes. If you try to put them in a container, they’ll stick together.
We recommend leaving them for 12-24 hours. Then dust them lightly with sugar and store them in an airtight container.
You can find more recipes on our website, for example for cannabis sugar.
Published by Kotelnik05/09/2022
Are you planning to expand your product range in the future with cannabis gummy bears and other hemp products?
I have already bought them made but this recipe seems quite simple so I will try it and then write my observations.
Yum yum… so I will try to make these gummy bears, but I have to wait until I have a harvest…. 🙂
Cannabis is not a problem, but I don’t have a tin.