Guide to Making Cannabis Hummus
Hummus, a flavorful dip or spread hailing from the Middle East, is a beloved staple in many diets worldwide due to its versatility and nutritional value.
Making Cannabis Hummus – Contents
Hummus, a flavorful dip or spread hailing from the Middle East, is a beloved staple in many diets worldwide due to its versatility and nutritional value. One unconventional yet fascinating twist on this classic dish is Cannabis Hummus, a fusion of traditional hummus with the unique properties of cannabis. This article will walk you through the step-by-step process of preparing this unique and healthful dish at home.
Cannabis Hummus combines the creaminess of chickpeas, the nuttiness of tahini, the zest of lemon, and the aromatics of garlic and olive oil, with the added benefits of cannabis-infused oil. This dish can serve as a distinctive appetizer or snack, and it’s packed with protein, fiber, and beneficial cannabinoids like CBD and THC. However, it’s essential to remember that the potency and effects of this dish will depend on the strength of your cannabis-infused oil, so always consume responsibly.
- 1 can (15 ounces) of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup of tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2-3 tablespoons of cannabis-infused extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- A small handful of fresh parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- Paprika for garnish (optional)
- Prepare your cannabis-infused olive oil: The first step involves acquiring or preparing cannabis-infused olive oil. You can either purchase it from a licensed dispensary or make it at home by slow-cooking your cannabis buds with olive oil at a low heat. This process, known as decarboxylation, activates the THC or CBD in the cannabis. Remember to strain the oil and store it properly.
- Blend the chickpeas: Add your drained and rinsed chickpeas to a food processor or high-powered blender. Pulse until they’re broken down into smaller pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients: Add the tahini, cannabis-infused olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and ground cumin. Blend until you achieve a smooth consistency. If your hummus is too thick, add a tablespoon of water or additional olive oil, and blend again. Repeat this process until you reach your desired consistency.
- Season: Once you’ve achieved the perfect consistency, add salt to taste. Blend again to ensure that the seasoning is evenly distributed throughout the hummus.
- Serve: Transfer your Cannabis Hummus into a serving bowl. You can drizzle a bit of cannabis-infused olive oil on top and sprinkle some paprika and fresh parsley for garnish. It pairs perfectly with warm pita bread, fresh vegetables, or as a spread on sandwiches.
- Store: If you have leftovers, store your Cannabis Hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- It should stay fresh for about a week.
Additional Tips and Variations for Cannabis Hummus
For a more enjoyable and personalized Cannabis Hummus experience, here are some additional tips and variations you can explore:
- Roasted Garlic Cannabis Hummus: For a deeper, sweeter garlic flavor, you can roast your garlic before adding it to the mix. Simply drizzle a whole garlic bulb with some cannabis-infused olive oil, wrap it in foil, and bake at 400°F (200°C) for about 30-40 minutes. Once cool, squeeze out the softened garlic cloves and add to the hummus.
- Red Pepper Cannabis Hummus: Add a roasted red pepper to your Cannabis Hummus for an extra layer of flavor. You can roast your own or use a jarred version for convenience. Blend the red pepper into the hummus alongside the other ingredients.
Remember, while preparing Cannabis Hummus, it’s important to consider the potency of your cannabis-infused oil. Always start with a smaller amount and adjust according to your personal preference and tolerance. Also, it’s crucial to inform any potential consumers of the cannabis content in this dish.
Cannabis Hummus is a unique and creative way to incorporate cannabis into your diet. The blend of traditional hummus ingredients with the intriguing addition of cannabis results in a dish that’s both delicious and packed with potential health benefits. Enjoy this innovative twist on a classic dish responsibly and in moderation.
If you decide to grow your own cannabis plants, always buy good quality, fresh cannabis seeds. You can check out seeds from Nukaseeds.
Published by Blood21/05/2023