If you decide to make your own hemp flour, you can expect to use up almost the entire hemp plant. Don’t use the stems, just all the leaves and flowers of the cannabis plant. Of course, you don’t have to use cannabis leaves if you have enough of marijuana flowers. Just be aware that cannabis flour from just the buds is stronger.
If you follow this process for making hemp flour, it will last for several months in a well-sealed jar that you keep cool and out of sunlight. Not only does it provide fibre and is packed with nutrients and vitamins, but it’s also very simple to prepare.
What some may consider a drawback may be the taste – so if you have an aversion to cannabis flavour, this method may not be for you. However, with the right amount of sugar and spice, you can mask the taste quite well.
Preparation time: 10 min excluded 45 minutes of decarboxylation
To make one cup of hemp flour you will need :
- 7 grams of cannabis
- Food processor or coffee grinder
- Sieve for flour
- 3/4 cup flour
Preparation procedure for flour with hemp
- Place the cannabis on a rimmed baking sheet in a 115°C oven for 45 minutes to decarboxylate and then let it cool. You can skip this step if the weed is older than 1 year or has already been decarboxylated.
- Transfer the cooled cannabis to a food processor or clean coffee grinder. Process the cannabis until it becomes a very fine flour.
- Sift regular flour and hemp flour together using a flour sifter. Sifting together is very important for consistent dosage throughout your baked product.
- Store it in an airtight container in a cool, dark, dry place until you need it. Use within 3 months to maintain optimum freshness.
Important notes for using hemp flour in your kitchen.
- Do not exceed 170 °C when baking with hemp flour.
- Because marijuana flour has a strong flavour, you may need to add more of the other strong flavours to your dish to balance the flavours.
- 7 grams of cannabis with a 15% THC content yields approximately 100 servings with 10 mg of THC.
Whatever goodies you create from hemp flour, always keep in mind that you should inform your guests that they are made from marijuana.
Published by Peca Sarm21/10/2022